Home    |    What's New    |    Company Information    |    Our Services    |    Locations    |    Members' Lounge    |    View Cart

Author Topic: How often should i feed my chihuahua?  (Read 1128 times)

Ellie

• Rating +0/-0
How often should i feed my chihuahua?
« on: 31-January-2013 11:40:20 »
Hi,

I have female chihuahua, she 18 months old, her weight 2.1kg. Now i feed her twice a day (morning and evening). I'm thinking i feed her once a day (morning) is it ok?

If i feed her once a day, the amount i feed should i need lessen meal? If yes, how many lessen meal should i feed?

Thank you.

Pet Care Consultant

• Rating +7/-3
Re: How often should i feed my chihuahua?
« Reply #1 on: 31-January-2013 02:33:48 »
Hi Chichity,

The basis of adjusting the amount of a certain pet food to be given on pets are the following:

1. Physiological (body) condition of your pet. Assessing its body condition is important as to whether your pet is fat, skinny or fit.  Your pet health care provider may be able to give you an assessment of your pet's body score, this assessment is important for adjusting the level of food to your pet. If fat, then reduce a bit the amount of pet food; if skinny, then you may increase the amount of pet food, and if fit, then maintain, the level of pet food that you are providing to your pet.

2. Season and amount of exercise (this is the lifestyle) of your pet. Indoor pets, should be given ideally with low calorie diet, but in cases whereby low calorie diet is not given, the current pet food that your provide can be reduced as indoor, less exercise pets tend to build more fats.

3. Type of pet food.  There are types of pet food, from normal ones to low calorie diet or high protein diets.  Adjusting it amount of these food should conform to your pet's needs. 

In relation to the frequency of diet (giving of food in a day), it is recommended that in an adult pet, at least 2 to 3 times per day should be an ideal one. The amount of food is usually shown at the label of your petfood on a per day and on a weight basis and you may split that depending on your preference on 2 or 3 times a day.

For other related information, please visit and talk to our Pet Care Consultants in all our PLC outlets.

With warm regards,

Eliezer M. Bauzon, DVM RN
« Last Edit: 31-January-2013 02:59:15 by Pet Care Consultant »

E-mail Exclusives
E-mail address
Shipping Info
Track an Order
Help
Home What's New Company Information Our Services Members' Lounge
Products
Pet Adoption
Forum